Official Windows 10 Thread

I have a Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 Motherboard that has a Creative on board chip running Windows 7 Pro. Works flawlessly with no problems.
cpu-info-board.jpg

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-Z170X-Gaming-7-rev-10#sp

I know... Microsoft puts the issue onto Creative and Creative puts the issue onto Microsoft, Does not help those with Creative chips running Windows 10

Last edited:
I have to personally place the blame with Creative because their drivers have always been **** all the way back to 95. I use PAX drivers now and I suffer significantly less issues revolving my sound card than I ever have.

You're a strange person. Do you have any phobia?

No.

Why aren't you already on version 1903, it works great. And why do such stupidities as you said before. Why, dear man?

I don't like files being deleted without my permission and because build 1903 comes just after 1809, I'm a bit eery of upgrading my system. I'd rather wait a while (about 6 months at least) before upgrading. Then, I can feel confident that the file deletion bug is all gone.

I'm not worried about security updates, because I'm experienced-enough not to download shady files (e.g. LiNkin_parK-nUmb.exe) and all of my browsers are up to date.

Strange and phobic? I think not when it comes to getting forced updates from Windows 10. Within the past year there are multiple error causing updates to the un-edumacated that are told to simply "re-install."

Exactly. If it was just issues with devices, I'd probably bite the bullet. But I was alarmed when I heard that it was deleting users' files. Hell no to that!

Stupidity would be trusting in Microsoft not to hose your system during some of their updates

That's just it. Now with Windows 10, I really make sure to keep an eye out with whatever they do. They're sneaky that way.

Having moved to 4K earlier this week, I have to say how well W10 supports 4K with window snapping, scaling, etc... I'm aware the functionality used to be much less reliable but I have a 32" screen on 125% scaling and everything works beautifully!

In a Corporate environment you'd do the rollout in stages and rollback as soon as you ran into the issue.

In a large enterprise environment the updates are tested before deployed anyways. Something like this would be noticed fairly quickly, and others that do slip through for odd situations can be rolled back as said. In fact, Lockheed is still largely on 1709.

Back
Top Bottom