Official Windows 10 Thread

Same. Never got any problems with w10 as of now, it works like a charm ;)

Also, I noticed that the updated are normally faster than w7

It's faster because by default Win10 uses P2P for updates now as well, unless you disable that option. I left it on because I like when large updates fly.

I've started having to deploy GWX Control Panel to all computers not under our domain Ultimate Outsider - Software Downloads
Cause guess what, the new Windows 7 laptops be bought our Singapore staff decided to upgrade themselves to win10, meaning some older proprietary programs they use no longer work, meaning I have to do 5 remote recovery reinstalls. SO ****ing over this bull****

I enabled update on one of the Windows 7 machines here to update it to 10. The thing popped up and I said ok update this bitch. It sat there all day doing nothing lol. By that I mean, it's fully updated and I actually wanted it to update to 10 but it did nothing.

I enabled update on one of the Windows 7 machines here to update it to 10. The thing popped up and I said ok update this bitch. It sat there all day doing nothing lol. By that I mean, it's fully updated and I actually wanted it to update to 10 but it did nothing.

Have you tried turning it off and on again

i did the same thing on July 27th & 28th. my daughter finally decided to accept the free Windows 10 upgrade, then it would not update. after 2 days of trying, we just gave up. i figured at least part of the problem was to many people holding out till the last minute. its really not that big of a deal, as i will be getting her a new computer for Christmas. of course she does not know that.

I've had Windows 10 since I got my Acer in December and I've had absolutely no problems, it isn't as good as XP (which I consider a work of art), though it runs fast and is compatible with most programs I have used, even older emulators and games work fine!

The spying doesn't bother me because they aren't doing it simply because they want to spy on you specifically, people get too paranoid about it!

Sorry for bumping an older thread but wanted to state my opinion on a controversial OS.

The spying doesn't bother me because they aren't doing it simply because they want to spy on you specifically, people get too paranoid about it!

you may be somewhat used to being spied on, at least to some extent because of all the public "spy camera's" in use all over Great Britten. and while (most of) the "spying" being done at this point is for the purpose of advertising, the real threat is that people get used to it. that opens the doors for all sorts of illegal uses, both government and private. if and when it becomes "normal" and accepted, the risk for abuse increases dramatically. i am not a crook or criminal in any sense of the word, but i am quite a private person. when spying becomes an every day thing, your privacy goes right out the window. think about it, Adolph Hitler would have LOVED to be able to listen in on anyone he wanted at any time by tapping into that persons wi-fi. with all of the microphones in use today, whether is is in a laptop, a desktop web cam, or a personal "Echo" type device, it would be easy as pie for anyone to hack into your personal and private conversations. "BIG BROTHER" is already watching all of us to a certain extent already. do you want him to be listening to EVERYTHING that happens in your home as well ? !

Someone at work was complaining about all the windows 10 spying recently and I said do you own an iphone or an android phone of any kind? (he owns an android phone) I said well then guess what google is spying on you in fact most of your apps are probably spying on you. He never reads those permissions for apps he's installing. It's just the times we live in now.

One thing I can't stand as of recently in windows 10 is the advertisements that are slowly popping up everywhere. Lock screen, task bar and now in windows explorer pretty much every day.

Back
Top Bottom