Official Windows 10 Thread

As far as I know, it is free....
Don't know about that trial offer, it's from Berlin, Germany so possibly could be a translation thing?
O&O ShutUp10 is entirely free and does not have to be installed – it can be simply run directly and immediately on your PC. And it will not install or download retrospectively unwanted or unnecessary software, like so many other programs do these days!

Last edited:
I got the free thing at the top, but at the bottom it says download free trial. So what is it? Am I going to load this and find in 30 days I have to pay to play?
I think the trial thing refers to being a beta tester?
Support for Trial Versions

Your request will be processed as soon as possible. We offer limited support for all of our evaluation products during the evaluation period.

For Trial Users

Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 won't explicitly be guaranteed to work on newer CPUs and chipsets. However, chances are they'll work perfectly fine, barring any significantly huge diversions from x86-64.

Notice this sentence:
to get enterprise support.

So if you don't need MS rep support or need/have a support contract with them...there's no issue.

If any "driver" thing breaks it would probably just be ACPI or something, and I'm sure there would be workarounds for that as well - the CPU will still physically work, as it's just running x86/x86-64 instructions.

Many things that start in the enterprise market almost always ends up boiling down to the general user markets too. That why I am questioning if Windows 7 will be supported with new cpu chips before it's expiration time. What I mean is, will there be ACPI or NVME drivers available for Windows 7/8/8.1 on newer chips in the near future? Will or can M$ force chip manufactures to stop acpi/ nvme driver support

Won't matter for a majority of consumers anyway - they'll just buy a new PC. Heck, I've seen people trash entire computers for just having a virus on it and go out / buy a new one.

This has absolutely nothing to do with drivers and everything to do with official Microsoft support for the enterprise. This is actually why Lockheed is moving to 10 rather quickly. The article is misleading and contradictory at best. It literally means if you're running Windows 7 on an unsupported hardware in the enterprise Microsoft won't help you.

^ Yup, that's why I bolded that statement about receiving support. IMO, it's mostly a bunch of FUD being spread.

Back
Top Bottom