Official Windows 10 Thread

Peeps do not want updates that they can not choose. Many have issues with Microsoft's telemetry and the ability to go through their personal files stored on their hard drives.

The stuff that's being poked around in via telemetry is outlined in the Privacy statement.

Hi I don't have the W10 up date problem, because after a week with the upgrade, I rolled back to W7, and I'm in a holding pattern until you guys get all the bugs out!
Gary!
PS I have a image of W10 on a external when the time comes to give it another go!

Last time i let windows manage my updates i had to reinstall windows because system crashed after certain update
microsoft is also known for replacing fully functioning drivers with limited generic drivers like it happened with aureal vortex audio cards

I really don't see how MS can keep that up date rule in place. There are to many people gripping about it, but I have been wrong twice before. One time I only thought i was wrong about the first thing! LOL
Gary!

Last time i let windows manage my updates i had to reinstall windows because system crashed after certain update
microsoft is also known for replacing fully functioning drivers with limited generic drivers like it happened with aureal vortex audio cards
And that's pretty well an anomaly.

You can disable the auto-downloading of drivers, just like you could in every other version of Windows.
http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/stop-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10

You wouldn't happen to have the KB numbers for that update would you?

The Privacy Policy?
Privacy Statements for Windows 10 Technical Preview - Microsoft Windows

Pretty much all of that can be disabled through Settings.

The one he's talking about in the post quoted below. I just last night allowed the updates on my system and I want to kill the one if it came down with the rest.

Peeps do not want updates that they can not choose. Many have issues with Microsoft's telemetry and the ability to go through their personal files stored on their hard drives. Some have taken steps to prevent these things but are now paranoid about getting an update that will re-enable the spyware. I have Windows 7 and I never get updates right away, I always wait at least one week in case M$ trashes pc from a bad update (like that's never happened before!). There is an update from Sept 8th that installs more telemetry on 7 but I have chosen to hide that update. I'll be ready to get the rest of the updates tomorrow

it happened more than once on different systems. where I had issues after update.
not as dramatic but they were very annoying and wasted my time trying to troubleshoot.

You wouldn't happen to have the KB numbers for that update would you?

Sept 8th 2015
KB3083324
This article describes an update that contains some improvements to Windows Update Client in Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.

M$ is not giving out much info about this update, but I hear it relates to windows 10 compatibility

Back
Top Bottom