Official Windows 10 Thread

Interesting...I wonder if that's just a bug, or if it's because it's not officially out yet? Either way, I'd send in a bug report (they'll actually be valuable with Win10 IMO since they're going with a more Agile approach to the OS).

Yeah, that's another problem... Because for some reason when I sign into Win10 with my MSN account anymore, and check, it says I am not a member of the insider preview... Which is a bit... odd...

Anyways, Nvidia is aware of the issues, and M$ surely is considering all the feedback on the nvidia forum for win10.

edit: Finally figured out how I can submit feedback, and while I was looking around, there are a few trending suggestions/problems that have been upvoted by hundreds in regards to Windows Update ignoring driver settings and the such. I have serious doubts this will be fixed any time soon.

What bothers me is this, there's no official feedback from M$ on the most popular suggestions, or issues... Some those suggestions about Windows Update involving drivers are 2+ weeks old...

Last edited:
Chrome has nothing to do with this for most everyone from what I can find. I can disable Chrome and google services, still get the flicker glitch.

Maybe there's a slight difference between our systems that causes your issue to be due to chrome? Mine is mostly from using both Intel, and Nvidia GPU's, along with multiple monitors on each it seems.

Yeah, but see, I shouldn't have to use a tool, that is "optional" to block updates of certain things when a setting exists in the system. But, I found a way around the update issue... If you can access the GPO editor in Win10, tell the GPO "Specify Intranet M$ Update Service Location" a blank IP for your network, then update the system group policy. This will result in ZERO updates getting pushed, though you will get an error for Windows Update.

Win10, if it's ignoring system settings, or shows settings that you can't change because your not on a mobile device, looks like it's nothing but a patched up quilt full of holes. Great OS, but they have rushed and screwed too much up.

Last edited:
So you got around the update by avoiding an easy workaround / tool...by using another, more complicated workaround; kinda makes me chuckle.

Well, that "simpler" tool, refused to show anything except for updates released for today, it would not show the nvidia driver package at all, even after removal of the package and the package showing up once again in WU.

In all honesty, I have my built pointed to an actual WSUS, so once Win10 goes live, hopefully they start pushing updates to WSUS machines.

Back
Top Bottom