Official Windows 10 Thread

Still does not negate that fact that M$ is still pushing out bad updates almost every month. This mostly started when M$ started rushing out updates with Windows 10. While it is true that M$ pushed out some bad updates before 10, they were much fewer and farther between

Although I'm not negating that they are making mistakes but W10 can't really be compared much to previous iterations of Windows at all. Instead of 1 or 2 service packs in the complete life of the OS they are releasing major feature updates every 6 months. Each feature update comes with large changes, and W10 has so much more integration than before.

I can deal with small bugs that can be worked out (and I haven't been hit by any personally) to not have to wait years or until the next Windows release to get new stuff in my operating system. Another thing that I can particularly enjoy is the fact that since they are doing this we don't have to deal with wild OS changes just to get a few new upgrades like VPN, kernel updates, newer official OS hardware support, etc. I personally feel that if people are that paranoid something might be messed up then they need to adopt the enterprise strategy of staggering. This can easily be done by downloading the Winaerotweaker program and disabling updates and anything else they want to change then enable it when they want to update to the newest.

they are releasing major feature updates every 6 months. Each feature update comes with large changes, and W10 has so much more integration than before.

↑↑↑This. ↑↑↑

It is why I dislike Windows 10 more that any other Microsoft o.s.
It makes for an unstable o.s. because the "new" integrations can be so buggy.

The majority of just plain 'ol common folks that are not tech savvy get frustrated about these changes and do not know or even care to find out about software that can delay the forced updates that they are probably unaware of in the first place. All they know is their pc stops booting up, or something doesn't work like it did before... or it's changed again. I think the majority of John Q Public does not want their o.s. to change so often. I think this is especially true for SMB and Corporate. That is the reason M$ has the $$$ LSTC $$$ version .... because business doesn't want that crap either. And they don't want Cortana and forced installs of Candy Crush or whatever other crap.
This is prof that if Microsoft really wanted to make a better o.s. instead of dishing out crap to the public, they could. But Microsoft does not give a rats a** if they crash and kill grandma's pc. Dell, Lenovo and HP would benefit the rewards when grandma's pc dies/ fails to boot or something stops working. And then M$ benefits with more sales of Candy Crush

Last edited:
The majority of just plain 'ol common folks that are not tech savvy get frustrated about these changes and do not know or even care to find out about software that can delay the forced updates that they are probably unaware of in the first place. All they know is their pc stops booting up, or something doesn't work like it did before... or it's changed again. I think the majority of John Q Public does not want their o.s. to change so often. I think this is especially true for SMB and Corporate.

The majority of non-tech, regular users don't give a **** about updates. The reason updates were turned off for them in the past, was because their tech-savvy family member turned it off for them because that's what they do on their PC - BUT, the tech-savvy family member is diligent and runs their own updates and cherry-picks updates. The non-tech person just lets it sit, and get more and more out of date, and lets their PC become infested with malware. THIS is why updates are forced.

Again, the majority of "John Q. Public" doesn't actually care about their PC changing so often. To them it's "another update". They may or may not use the new features within Windows. Most probably won't because they use it as an email and web browser machine.

If their PC stops booting, rarely is it because of a botched update. What is it normally? Malware. So they'll take it down to the PC shop or call up their tech-savvy family member for help.

No offense but I just see an old dude ranting because he isn't getting exactly what he wants when he wants it. It can be a bit annoying to tech savvy people but the way they are doing Windows 10 is far superior than waiting 5-6 years or whatever to integrate "new" technology. Like people hanging onto Windows 7 but it didn't have native USB3 support. With quicker releases will come more bugs because they are able to put more things into the OS quicker and stabilize it over time rather than waiting years for major updates. Absolutely none of this really is relevant to the average Joe user, and I'm not real sure why you keep bringing up businesses. A large company will have staggered release windows for exactly what you're talking about so it's a nonissue to them.

It's a Creative issue rather than a 10 issue because their drivers have been a big problem since Vista.
looks like Creative now has a fix for versions 1803 and up. Release date : 25 Jun 19
This download contains the driver and application(s) for use with your Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ series of audio devices. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.

This download supports the following devices only:

Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty® Professional Series
Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty
Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite
Sound Blaster X-Fi

Fixes:

Fix no audio heard or "Unable to find audio device" error, with Windows 10 RS4 (Version 1803) and above.
https://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=1&subCatID=208&prodID=14066&prodName=X-Fi%20XtremeMusic&subCatName=X-Fi%20Series&CatName=Sound%2bBlaster&VARSET=prodfaq:pRODFAQ_14066,VARSET=CategoryID:1#

Please let me know how this works.

No offense but I just see an old dude ranting because he isn't getting exactly what he wants when he wants it. It can be a bit annoying to tech savvy people but the way they are doing Windows 10 is far superior than waiting 5-6 years or whatever to integrate "new" technology. Like people hanging onto Windows 7 but it didn't have native USB3 support. With quicker releases will come more bugs because they are able to put more things into the OS quicker and stabilize it over time rather than waiting years for major updates. Absolutely none of this really is relevant to the average Joe user, and I'm not real sure why you keep bringing up businesses. A large company will have staggered release windows for exactly what you're talking about so it's a nonissue to them.

Well if you like Candy Crush and lord knows whatever else M$ will sell out on you then be my guest.
I already stated that LTSC version might be an option that I could consider using, The bad thing about 10 is the forced updates (hopefully fixed with the option to delay in version 1903) and the crap (on other versions...ie: home & pro) M$ shoves down your throat that you do not want or need.

There was a time that only third party crappy software gave you apps that were useless and tracked you. I do not consider that acceptable and neither should anybody else.

Today we live in a society with no regard to privacy and accepting anything no matter how annoying it is, is now o.k.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom