Official Windows 10 Thread

To be honest I never liked 8 or 8.1. I think a lot of people were the same. Windows 7 FTW. I know its really dated but I also enjoyed XP for a very long time. Getting more back on the subject I've decided to stay away from 10 for the time being, and have stuck with 7 simply because of all the glitches that their will be and from what I've read just over a few pages theirs Driver Update along with forced updates to Home user what I can see being a problem for people on the likes on P&G Dongles with capped DATA Usage.

I never managed to figure out how to retrieve the Key from 8 & 8.1 let alone even interacted with 10. So I'm new as I've never used it before.

VISTA was and is a failure so anything from 7 upwards FTW.

I never managed to figure out how to retrieve the Key from 8 & 8.1 let alone even interacted with 10. So I'm new as I've never used it before.
Depends on the system. If it's embedded in the BIOS, there's utilities out there that you can read that embedded key and extract it.

VISTA was and is a failure so anything from 7 upwards FTW.

Vista ran fine for me when I used it as my full time OS, after manufacturers actually released proper drivers and SP1 released.

Vista ran fine for me when I used it as my full time OS, after manufacturers actually released proper drivers and SP1 released.

I certainly understand that but Vista was so heavy and intensive on the resources of a PC and their components and I think if I remember correctly now Vista was more Memory hungry as well. It still has two years approx left with the EOL from Microsoft so mabie its not as bad as what I think or people in general mabie!

Last edited:
The reason it seemed so resource heavy, was mostly because of the fact that OEMs (i.e. HP, Dell, etc.) tried putting Vista on systems with 512MB - 1GB of RAM and called them "Vista Capable" machines.

The requirements for Vista and 7 were the same - it's just that Windows 7 was optimized more at launch, and for Vista it wasn't until after SP1 where it ran better. Plus, by the time 7 was released, hardware manufacturers actually had decent drivers that were suited for the new kernel / version of Windows (especially 64bit).

The reason it seemed so resource heavy, was mostly because of the fact that OEMs (i.e. HP, Dell, etc.) tried putting Vista on systems with 512MB - 1GB of RAM and called them "Vista Capable" machines.

The requirements for Vista and 7 were the same - it's just that Windows 7 was optimized more at launch, and for Vista it wasn't until after SP1 where it ran better. Plus, by the time 7 was released, hardware manufacturers actually had decent drivers that were suited for the new kernel / version of Windows (especially 64bit).

So what your saying I could run Vista with a relatively decent GPU, SP1 and a 64Bit Ver. with 2GB of memory and it should run fine.

Dell, HP ECT: I think we all know we should stay away from the Pre Configured Low end machines even if you build it your self, with money on certain components as opposed to half a gig of memory and on board graphics.

You see it all the time. 1TB of Storage, and Intel i3 Machine and WiFi capable being advertized and they are budget crap, low end systems that will eat the resources. Better education is needed and in a lot of cases; I know the manufactures have started doing this, but more memory and a decent PSU.

Depends on the system. If it's embedded in the Vista ran fine for me when I used it as my full time OS, after manufacturers actually released proper drivers and SP1 released.

Yeah, as much as Vista got a bad rep, I personally never had any issues with it either and it seemed to run quickly enough for anything I was doing with it. I was running it with 3GB of RAM though, so lack of resources/memory wasn't really an issue!

When I moved to Vista I had 4GB of DDR2 at the time and had 0 issues with the OS being resource heavy on my own machine. Now, who I was living with at the time only had 1GB of RAM and it ran like ****. VIsta was a very forward thinking OS and designed around hardware that was higher than standard at the time. Although it was very easy to vLite and take a bunch out to make it run smooth on 2GB machines. On release the only huge problem was drivers because it took forever for manus to finally release drivers for the OS.

Microsoft religiously f*cks up every other release. XP was great, Vista wasnt, 7 was great, 8 wasnt... so if this stays true 10 should be great.

Back
Top Bottom