Official Windows 10 Thread

I'm on it right now as well. Installed it on a Lenovo T61p that I have as a spare laptop - runs pretty decently on it. Picked up all the hardware in it. So far I'm liking it. Submitted some feedback for it already too - gonna tell my wife to use it if she wants and write down anything she finds wrong with it so we can submit it too.

I installed it last night and tried it out this am.
I can't verify who I am because it asks for my email addy and I give it for a code but then I get nothing in my email inbox to verify this code.
It looks a lt like 7 with start is back or one of those programs. It did pick up my printer, and my tv in the device manager during the install, I did not have to add any info, it's just there and ready to use. The device manager has more things added that 7 or 8/8.1 doesn't

they shrank the metro screen into the start menu. I heard you can resize these but I haven't played with that yet. How does one get to the system screen like 7's screen that shows the O.S., cpu and memory size?

Does it still have the metro tile menu? Or is the start menu replacing it?

they shrank the metro screen into the start menu. I heard you can resize these but I haven't played with that yet. How does one get to the system screen like 7's screen that shows the O.S., cpu and memory size?

You have the choice of the Start Screen (like WIn8) or a "Hybrid" start Menu. You can remove all the tiles if you choose to, though. You can resize the tiles by right clicking a tile -> resize -> choose small/medium/large (only some tiles have option for large).

You mean the System Properties? Just like in WIn7.

1) Control Panel -> System
2) Open up 'This PC' in explorer (used to be 'Computer') -> System Properties from the ribbon
3) Add the "Thic PC" item to your Start Menu as a list item or a Tile -> right click -> Properties

I have yet to try it.. Not sure if I should install it in a VM or install it on my MBA so I can have a "native" experience :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom