Official Windows 10 Thread

Aw get better
Thanks.

Read this in some comments:

"Why are they calling it Windows 10? Because 7 ate (8) 9." Corny and made me chuckle a bit.
I've seen that and laughed.

They want to say it's to get as far away from 8 as possible. That would make sense IF it actually looked different than 8. All of the leaked screens show the exact same looking UI with Metro attached to the start menu. Not exactly a wild change.

This is the only thing that truly can make any sense.

I also suspect the timing of Windows 10's release was a factor. A solid date wasn't given, but Microsoft did say the new OS was coming after next year's BUILD conference. That timing potentially puts Windows 10's release in line with iOS 9, assuming Apple AAPL +0.73% sticks to its typical release schedule. iOS and Windows aren't directly comparable (yet), but having two competing operating systems released with similar version numbers would draw inevitable comparisons I'm sure both companies would rather avoid.

I laughed at your Japanese translation logic hahahaha

Like I said, just one interpretation I had heard :p.

Thanks.

I've seen that and laughed.

They want to say it's to get as far away from 8 as possible. That would make sense IF it actually looked different than 8. All of the leaked screens show the exact same looking UI with Metro attached to the start menu. Not exactly a wild change.

This is the only thing that truly can make any sense.

Here's the release preview video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84NI5fjTfpQ

Apparently the tiles in the start menu are changeable/removable just like the Start Screen was. Honestly I don't mind the look of it - they're still trying to unify their OS's somewhat in regards to Windows Phone + WinRT + Desktop. Though I'm one of the "few" that likes Win8.

I lold when he said "you can minimize maximize and close with one click of the mouse"

...yea just like it was before you f***ed up w/ windows 8 hahaha

Like I said, just one interpretation I had heard :p.

Here's the release preview video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84NI5fjTfpQ

Apparently the tiles in the start menu are changeable/removable just like the Start Screen was. Honestly I don't mind the look of it - they're still trying to unify their OS's somewhat in regards to Windows Phone + WinRT + Desktop. Though I'm one of the "few" that likes Win8.
For the final time, I actually like 8.1 but my only complaint is the crashing I had on my machine (the issue I could never figure out a solution to) and not having my classic theme. My daily VM I setup actually uses 8.1 with DWM disabled for aero basic.

For the final time, I actually like 8.1 but my only complaint is the crashing I had on my machine (the issue I could never figure out a solution to) and not having my classic theme. My daily VM I setup actually uses 8.1 with DWM disabled for aero basic.

I know - never said anything about you lol. My comment wasn't directed to anybody - I tried to put more spaces below the video that I was replying in quote to your reply to make it separate.

I lold when he said "you can minimize maximize and close with one click of the mouse"

...yea just like it was before you f***ed up w/ windows 8 hahaha

That's for the Windowed apps from the App store. Win8 was the first to introduce "apps" to Windows, and Win10 will make them windowed instead of full screen.

My response was more toward the "few" comment of your reply. That seemed directed at me actually.

I actually put 8.1 on my ****master. It's not bad.

Nope, wasn't directed to you; didn't mean for it to seem like it was - more just a general statement, mostly because of the pretty unnecessary hate Win8 gets. Like I've said before, I understand your situation since you were having actual compatibility issues with it.

This is MS version of the Tic-Toc approach. Accept instead of releasing a good product followed by a great overhaul of a good product, the release a crappy product followed by one the is at least as good as the first one should have been.

Based solely off my personal opinion i Loved XP hated vista, loved 7 hated 8...Tic Toc.

Based on that video i think they are desperate for some fresh ideas from the community to breath some life into them. All i could hear was "this is what we came up with, please give us some ideas".

Before i get flamed i will say i don't think 8 or 8.1 are nearly as bad as some have made them out to be. And i do really like the idea of a cross platform OS. I've even been considering trading my iPad for a surface. But, i'm not there yet.

The problem with 8 is Microsoft knew what it shouldn't do, and they did it anyways trying to push through like Apple. They forgot who their userbase was and that was their demise.

Back
Top Bottom