Office 97 to Office 2003 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDT

Beta member
As part of a company wide network upgrade - (NT 4.0 to XP Pro), we are also upgrading Office 97 to Office 2003. (The new boxes will all have clean OS installs so OS upgrade issues will not be a major factor here)

We are searching for any compatibility issues other admin's may have experienced in the move from 97 to 2003.
Thanks for any info..
JDT

I havent experienced quite a signicant jump in office here at work, but I wouldnt expect any issues as the upgrade usually just replaces the old files with new files. Only issue I can with your users is with Outlook and configurations and such. Not sure if the personal folders keep that same structure and such.

We are currently in the same process as far as upgrading from NT4.0 machines to XP Pro machines how many do you plan to roll out? Is this due to the fact that Microsoft is no longer supporting the NT4.0 OS? Thats the main reason we are doing it so long as we get the budget approval from our corporate office :)

Win2kpatcher
About 180 machines and yes - very similar reasons for upgrade. Some of the issues we thought would be:
Backward and forward compatibility of doc's, spreadsheets etc - (unfotrunately we will still have some staff on 97 after this upgrade).
Outlook PAB's - I think they now need (or recommended by M.S.) to be converted to Contacts in the later version's of Outlook.
Thanks for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom