Office 97 Associations Don't Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

rock_chick

Beta member
I had to reinstall Office 97 because I'd installed a print add on for Word(can't remember which one) and it screwed up! Anyway I'd done reinstalling before and thins were fine but not this time. There's two users for the comp and whichever one I install Office from the assciations work fine but not from the other. I've tried associating them every way I can but to no avail. Also I checked as far as I can see it's not a spyware or virus related problem. Any help would be much appreciated!
Kat:(

so what is happening exacly?

First think I would do is uninstall completly. Then install it.

if that doesn't work for you, there is some work you will need to do in the registry to make this work. Also, how aer you installing this? are you installing per user or per machine? there is a hige diference. Also, are they both admins of the machine? this is important too. I'm assuming you are running win2k or xp...

Ok I should have explained that I'd already uninstalled Office properly first before reinstalling. I am doing a custom install that is almost identical to the ones I've done before and Office 97 doesn't let you choose users or stuff like that from what I saw. Both accounts are admins so I don't know what else to do.
Kat:(

what is custom? have you tried doing a normal install and see where that gets you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom