Office 2016 Pro Plus keeps crashing

cyclones

In Runtime
Hello. I am running Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1903, OS build 18362.207 and am having issues with Office. It started happening about two weeks ago (can't remember if it was after a windows update) that when I launched any office application (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc..) it would open for a few short seconds and then would auto close itself. I am able to launch Outlook in Safe Mode and had disabled all add-ons. After relaunching Outlook in regular mode, it would still experience the same issue and auto close itself. I had also tried doing a quick repair and online repair from the control panel and still experience same issues after. I came across the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant for Office 365 and it found my version of Office 2016 and then I proceed to do a full wipe of the software and then rebooted my PC. After rebooting, I then launch the Office setup wizard and it downloaded Office from the internet and then reinstalled itself. After the full reinstall, I am still having the exact same issues with the app crashing and can't figure out why. Checking the event viewer, I saw some entries for Word and Outlook... not sure if these are beneficial or not.
Faulting application name: OUTLOOK.EXE, version: 16.0.11727.20230, time stamp: 0x5d14153b
Faulting module name: mso20win32client.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d12bcc2
Exception code: 0x01483052
Fault offset: 0x0019f53e
Faulting process id: 0x36d8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5307a8d75a6fc
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\OUTLOOK.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Office16\mso20win32client.dll
Report Id: b9f93590-eb0f-483f-b626-7d4fcdd34ca4
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!
:D

Last edited:
Hey Joe C, I actually did come across that article and did follow the steps and it did a complete uninstall, rebooted and installed again and same thing happened. Guess it's time for a OS reinstall :/ Thank you though!

Did you download a Microsoft version from the link in the web page I posted? Or are you using some other source of office (other than from Microsoft) that you downloaded?

Last edited:
Go to Control Panel >> Add and Remove Programs and highlight Microsoft Office. Click on Remove. A menu will pop up allowing you to choose repair or reinstall. Try a Repair Online and verified after repair it fixes.

Greetings,
Peter

Back
Top Bottom