Office 2010 Beta Problems, Experiences, Resolutions, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed Office 2010 Beta (32) over Office 2007 Pro Plus. During the installation process (Advanced setup) you are asked if you want to keep the previously installed version of Office. I elected to keep the previous version but did not notice that keeping Outlook was not an option. The beta will remove access to the previous version of Outlook AND apparently change the structure of the Outlook Profile file. Once I noticed this, I uninstalled the Beta and restored Office 2007 to be able to access Outlook 2007 BUT the changes made to the Outlook Profile file make it incompatible with Outlook 2007.

I reinstalled the Beta. Outlook 2010 is buggy to me and crashes periodically. I wanted to create a backup of my Contacts/Calendar/etc to a file that I could access in Excel/Access but I now find that Outlook 2010 Beta is incomplete. The Beta does not include an extract process (File|Import/Extract in 2007) OR documentation.

I installed Office 2010 Beta (32) over Office 2007 Pro Plus. During the installation process (Advanced setup) you are asked if you want to keep the previously installed version of Office. I elected to keep the previous version but did not notice that keeping Outlook was not an option. The beta will remove access to the previous version of Outlook AND apparently change the structure of the Outlook Profile file. Once I noticed this, I uninstalled the Beta and restored Office 2007 to be able to access Outlook 2007 BUT the changes made to the Outlook Profile file make it incompatible with Outlook 2007.

I reinstalled the Beta. Outlook 2010 is buggy to me and crashes periodically. I wanted to create a backup of my Contacts/Calendar/etc to a file that I could access in Excel/Access but I now find that Outlook 2010 Beta is incomplete. The Beta does not include an extract process (File|Import/Extract in 2007) OR documentation.

So what was the reason you uninstalled it after you noticed about Outlook? Outlook probably would have ran fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom