Office 2007 - Windows 7 - "1935 Error"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
Hey Office. You seem to be striking out pretty hard these days. Seems as if on a brand new installation of Windows 7 that Office 2007 yields Error 1935 etc etc when I try to install. I uninstalled Office, tried to reinstall, etc.

It appears as if every link on Google pertaining to this phrase is purple and has already been utilized. In short of re-imaging, I'm not sure what else I can do. However, in this instance I refuse to re-image because I don't think I should have to reinstall a Microsoft operating system to fix a Microsoft software problem.

That being said, has anybody ran into this issue? I just cannot crack it.

So you have re-installed the required .Net framework stuff that is mentioned in so many of the "solutions" given by a google search on the issue?

So I dont get it. Why are you trying to install Office if you already had it installed? I mean how could you uninstall something that wasnt installed in the first place? Sorry but that part doesnt make sense to me.

There are 2 things you can try. First:

Office 2007 install failed-1935 error- on Windows 7 machine

The 1935 error indicates the Microsoft .NET Framework installation is damaged or missing. In Windows 7, Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 is pre-installed. You can take the following steps to reinstall the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1.

1) Click the Start button and type: features in the Search box.
2) Click "Turn Windows features on or off".
3) Find "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1" and uncheck the box.
4) Restart the computer.
5) Repeat the step 1) and step 2).
6) Check the box in front of "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1".
7) Restart the computer.

After the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 is reinstalled, then try to install Office 2007 again.

If that doesnt work try this:

You receive error code "0x80073712" or the "Windows Features" dialog box is empty when you try to install updates or components in Windows 7 or in Windows Vista

I cant stress enought that Google is not the place to find answers to Microsoft related questions. You will not find these pages on a Google Search. This was the 2nd result for "Office 2007 Error 1935 Windows 7" on Bing. The first steps helped some, the 2nd steps helped others.

Here's what I did.

Installed Windows 7.
Installed various applications, such as Firefox, Google Earth, etc.
Installed Office 2007 - 1935 Error.

I've tried to download every version of .Net that's been recommended, and in each case it says it's either not an appropriate component for my system or that it's already installed.

Add/Remove programs shows NO .Net packages installed.

Win7 comes with .NET 3.5 SP1 already installed which includes all the previous version as well. So trying to install .NET 1 or .NET 2 like most of the topics you found were saying to do are not going to work. Since most of those topics were dealing with XP where you had to install those versions of .NET yourself. Even Vista comes with .NET 3 AFAIK. So you have to try the steps I listed above to see if it works.

Where did XP come into this? The guides I was reading were specifically for Windows 7 and Office 07. It sounds like a much more common problem than I realized when I first ran into this issue.

Evidently you can enable/disable/uninstall/etc packages like .Net (even pre-installed ones) within the add/remove components section. Problem is, mine comes up blank, so that's why I'm a little "what the??" when these Win 7/Office 07 guides tell me to do this and I just can't because it just... doesn't exist...

I'll try your guides when I get into work later. Going in a bit late today since I worked till forever yesterday.

When I searched for this error I found information that reflected on XP not Win7. That is where XP came into this.

The 2nd link is what to do when the add/remove components come up blank. It may say Vista but it should still work in Win7.

Ahh, I had already been on this link, actually. This one didn't offer any solution either.

I spent a good chunk of time in some Windows IRC chats last night. Everything I was instructed to do ended up without a working solution. Really the only thing that they came up with after a good 2 hours of troubleshooting was to just re-install.

I have far too much to do, so I'm going to do just that so I can close this issue. I just find it oddly frustrating that I have to re-install the Microsoft operating system to fix a software problem with a separate Microsoft product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom