Office 2003 fonts

Status
Not open for further replies.

MusicalChris

Beta member
Hi not sure if anyone can help with this but have had no luck so far in finding out whether this is possible or not.

Basically we need to standardize the font that users can use in Office 2003, i have posted on Technet forums but have had no luck.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Regards.

Chris

I dont quite understand. Cause you have the option to select any font. So if you want to standardize it, just have them all use the same font. Sadly you cant jsut remove all other fonts, cause there is more than 1 font used by the system. But tell people not to select any font and just use Times New Roman or something that you agree upon.

Thanks for the reply, the thing is they want the users to only use a certain font style and type, so they cannot change it etc. i cannot really find a easy way to do this.

Cheers.

Chris

There isnt anyway to do this. Office is not meant to be locked down to a single Font. That defeats the whole purpose of the programs and its offerings. Not even creating a Macro would do this for you. You just need to tell everyone that it is going to be the standard to only use 12pt Times New Roman without any bold, italic or underline. If the dont highlight the whole document and force it to be that way.

Hi Thanks for that, can you set a default font so that each time a user opens word etc it will always be on the same font? woudl you have to go to each pc to do this?

Thanks again.

Chris

As far as i know there is already a default font set. But ti depends on the machine in use. If the OS is XP it will default to Times New Roman. For Vista/Win7 it will default to SegoeUI as that was one of the changes was that font family in the newer OS's. I never have to select a font when i start a new document. I just start typing. So there is already a default, if it is the default you want is another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom