OEM XP Products?

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
Do I need to activate Windows XP Professional on an OEM Version because it says on this attached file that i do not need to

Attachments

• readme.txt
    2 KB · Views: 76
reminds me of
auction.jpg

that was a dumb mf.

vernong1992, no you don't have to activate that bootleg xp pro corporate

this is a modified xp pro corp. disc. they would never sell this disc (3500.00 on newegg) with a laptop.

Code:
Windows XP Professional SP2 CD
Created on 2nd March, 2006

No Product Key or Activation needed on a clean install.
CD-Key (if needed): 
* This disc does support on RAID / SATA installations automatically, if for some reason 
the DVD does not detect your RAID or SATA, proceed to use the floppy disk provided with 
your Hard Drive.

* After your PC has installed the first set of files and rebooted, there is a delay in 
the time where it takes to show the XP Installation screen (where is asks for your Name 
and other information). This is due to the DriverPacks that are included, and may take 
some time on a slower machine to complete (as it even takes a faster computer a little 
while do get past this stage).

* After Windows (and the additional programs) are installed, a good idea is to use a
program like TweakUI for example to disable the auto-logon of the Administrator account
(that's if you wish to do that ofcourse), then reboot. After you've logged in to your
Administrator account, feel free to change the password and account name to something else,
it's a good idea not to leave your Admin account called Administrator for security.

Windows XP Slipstreamed with
----------------------------
* RyanVM Windows XP Post-SP2 Update Pack 2.0.3
* RyanVM Addon Pack 1.6.0
* RyanVM SFC_OS.dll Addon 1.0
* RyanVM Syssetup.dll Addon 1.0
* RyanVM Tcpip.sys (100 Connections) Addon 1.1
* RyanVM UXTheme.dll Addon 1.0
* Boooggy Windows Media Addon (WMP10 + WMC2) 1.1
* Daemonforce Windows Update ActiveX Addon 0.9
* Kelsenellenelvian Resource Hacker Addon 1.0
* Kelsenellenelvian TweakUI Addon 1.1
* Kelsenellenelvian Add "File extensions toggle" to right click 1.0
* Kelsenellenelvian Add "Hidden files toggle" to right click 1.0
* Siginet MultiTheme Addons Pack 1.5

* BTS DriverPacks Base 6.02.5 (Method #2)
  Chipset 6.02 - CPU 5.06 - Graphics A 6.02.1 - Graphics B 6.02.1 - Graphics C 6.02 - 
  LAN 6.02.1 - MassStorage 6.02.1 - Sound A 6.02 - Sound B 6.02.1 - WLAN 6.02

ooh yeah, ouch...no way an MS install would need that rvm integrator, hehe.
strangely enough it looked like what I was going to do for a slipstream. Funny things I learned from that...with such packs I think you can turn a Windows XP Home into a Pro Corp just by editing things. At least this is only my "hmmm".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom