OEM Software Question - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 05:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default OEM Software Question

Has anybody tried this OEM discount software that is around (www.allthesoft.net or www.realonevideo.biz). I have looked at a couple of these sites that have all this software and claim it to be legitimate factory software. They claim to ship it out from Eastern Europe with no packaging or manuals, that's why it's so cheap. They also claim they are not copies or knock offs but new programs with fully functional activation keys.

I was wondering if anybody has used this or recommends it? Are these guys legit? I am somewhat hesitant to try them out.

Old 11-02-2004, 05:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to qt 3.14159

Hrm, I wouldn't buy from them... but the one thing that makes me really curious is that the Microsoft Office Professional installation I use is only one disk, where the one listed on realonevideo.biz says it's 5.... weird....

Old 11-02-2004, 06:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

the differencd between OEM & Retail version package is that. The retail box comes with all manuals(more expensive than OEM one), the OEM package only comes with the CD(no manual at all). Either OEM or Retail box should have microsoft certificate label on each package(If it''s microsoft product, eg the product key for Windows XP). Not sure what software u r going to buy from the web some cheap ones may be out od date. I dare not to say they may be illegal ones, but i myself never do that. Depend on yourself. Cheer.
Old 11-02-2004, 06:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

They seem to have current software and you can download the stuff from one of the sites. It just seems to good to be true. What other outlets are there for OEM software?
Old 11-02-2004, 10:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by gasman
They seem to have current software and you can download the stuff from one of the sites. It just seems to good to be true. What other outlets are there for OEM software?
ebay
Old 11-03-2004, 12:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Aaaahhhhh....
Old 11-03-2004, 10:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Newb Techie

p2p

Closed Thread