OE does not start when I click a hyperlink for "Sends mail to"

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolanbeedle

Beta member
I'm running XPpro - SP2, using IE 6 & Outlook express. When I select a hyperlink that is suppossed to open my OE and allow me to create a message, it freezes up for quite a few minutes and then opens a pile of blank or not-found windows. I've seen an error message that the default mail program is not properly installed a couple of times while I'm busy closing all those windows. I've tried the solutions at microsoft for making sure my default mail program is pointing at oe, including program settings,re-registering oe, & using regedit. If I select the mail icon in IE, everything works the way I expect it to.

Great site, btw. I've enjoyed reviewing quite a few postings. Seems to be a lot of talent here.

Thanks

Okay are you sure windows is up to date? They might have a OE patch out there that would fix this. If it is then i can only suggest switching to Outlook or Thunderbird. OE has had so many issues that is why it is suggested to use an alternate mail program. I personally have used Outlook 2003 and it is good. But i have found that Thunderbird is much easier to use and Free from Mozilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom