Odd Lotus Notes question

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdave1984

Repeat Offender
One of my users wants to create a mail distribution list in Lotus. No problem. She wants to block some from actually getting the email, but have their names appear in the list. She didn't elaborate on why, but it seems like an impossible thing to do. If anybody has an answer, please let me know. I have told her I wasn't aware of a way to do it but I would research it and get back to her. (Pretty much my canned response for stuff I have no clue about.) And Lotus falls into that category more times than not.

I use Lotus Notes at work but i cannot work out how this could be done, although it'll give me chance to look into how it (if possible) can be done.

Why would she want to do this baffles me though...why send a mail, with the users address in the list but the user won't receive it...??? - Bizarre!

That was my question to her and she waffled. My guess is she wants somebody to think they were getting an email, but not actually getting it so when they ask why she can say "Oh, I sent it to everybody on the list" Sounds like a personal issue to me. Kind of an Office Space moment I suppose. I can see it now, she sends an email to the group about a meeting and somebody doesn't get it so they get put on some painintheass comittee that NOBODY wants to be on. "Well, you weren't at the meeting so we voted you on there"

Think you hit the nail on the head there Dave, there's no other reason.

I've had a look around and also asked a colleague but he cannot think of anything apart from some kind of Notes 3rd Party hack.

If you have access to your Notes server you may be able to do something but i've never had Notes Admin priviledges so couldn't really help there i'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom