Odd Language Pack Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCFreed

Beta member
Hello everyone, I am experiencing a most peculiar problem when trying to change my interface language from French to English. I have spent a few solid hours searching for articles and what-not to fix the problems I'm having but nothing so far has worked.

I did the regedit currentversion search that I read about ( Find Windows Version, Build Number and Revision Number - How To ) in determining what windows 7 I'm using and here's what I've got

64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium "CurrentVersion 6.1"

I have tried to go to the windows update and the optional menu where there should apparently be all the language packs for download, but I have nothing.

I tried going to where everyone else goes to change the interface language yet for some reason "Display Language" does not appear for me in the Keyboards and Languages tab.

I then started looking for the language packs online because I heard that you can just download language packs for free. ( Download Windows 7 MUI Language Packs - Official 32-bit and 64-bit Direct Download Links | Vista Home ) yet when I run the file on my desktop, I get an lp.cab file that appears for 3 seconds and then disappears, it doesn't go into my recycling bin or get deleted some how (i think) it just disappears.

So, that's the situation and the stage I'm at now, any help whatsoever or even any reply would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Here's a story about why my OS is in French and why I'm having issues etc.

Could someone please help me install an english language pack on my new computer? The reason it's in french is that I live in Paris. I bought this computer from a trusted source in Paris called Surcouf which I would assume had a legitimate version of Windows 7 Home Premium installed. My casual French is pretty good and although I am typically good with computers, my computer related French fails me and I'm having extreme difficulty in solving my own problems.

Only Win7 Ultimate and Enterprise support the Language Packs. Since you only have Home Premium your OS doesnt support the language packs.

So the only option you will have is if you can change the Region Settings via the control panel. If not then you will have to get an english version of the OS.

THANK YOU FOR THE QUICK REPLY! Such a nice admin ^_^ (i know you have to approve my post, but still... you replied :p)

I changed the region settings via the control panel to United States and nothing happened.

Sadly i dont think there is to many options for you at this point. Since changing the region settings did nothing and your OS cant support the language packs your only option will be to get an English version of the OS.

Check Microsoft's home page for a contact number. See if there is anyway you can get an English version for just the cost of the replacement DVD. Let them know the situation they should be able to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom