Odd IE Lock ups
I've been working on an issue that seems to only affect dell machines. The problem is, when you are browsing IE, IE will lock up and take up 99 percet of the processor. The weird thing is is that the computer becomes hosed at this point, you can't end processes and if you do end the process the computer stays maxed out. I can't find anything on this issue. So far i've done the following:
1. Re-installed os from different sources and updated/re-installed drivers on the machine.
2. Flashed the bios
3. Contacted dell and they sent out hardware replacements
4. Ran full system dianostics from the dell cd and the ultimate boot cd.
5. Swapped out ram on the machine
6. re-installed ie multiple times on the machine
right now the machine is on a fresh install of windows xp sp2 (a microsoft offical cd version) and only has windows and our anti virus product (trend micro) however the machines proceeds to lock consistantly when usings IE.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causeing this?
We have many gateway machines (which are configued nearly exactly the same as our dells) and this problem has no shown up on any of them