Occasional Long Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

insane84722

In Runtime
I have a probelm with an occasional long boot time. Sometimes it will boot rather fast, but other times its very slow. First it sits at the vista loading picture screen (with no gui boot enabled), then it sits at a blank screen with just the mouse pointer in the middle, then it finally loads the login screen, over about 1 minute total. Sometimes im on the desktop in under 30 seconds. I always shut down properly and have only what I need loaded at boot, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Do a disk cleanup first. The problem is you probably have a lot of applications (at least more then when the computer was first built) that are slowing down your startup speeds.

Look in the bottom right corner of your computer and see how many applications are starting up. Then disable windows startup on the ones you don't need. To take it a step further you can go into msconfig and stop any processes that aren't needed at bootup.

I did a fresh install of vista 4 days ago and only have what I need loaded at boot. Which is not alot.

Could be doing updates. Could be that it is applying a update, could be that there has been a change since your last boot and it has to account for that.

No boot is going to be exactly the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom