;o(

Status
Not open for further replies.

girly

Banned
remote assistance is bad once you use it and let someone in, they get your ip and can get in at any time as long as your computer has it open, make sure its off, i had this prob turns out someone was watching me in the dark on my cam until all of a sudden i saw it on my screen.:mad:

Remote Administrator works just as good as Remote Assistance. And there is an option is ask permission before allowing the remote user in. If, after a set amount of time (10 seconds or so) you don't answer, you can have it default to allow or not allow access. Only $30 for a license!

-Mike

girly i don't understand how the person was able to log into your computer. actually i find it impossible they did this to you using remote assist. they would need not only the external address, but also they would have to know your username and pass. and as a second layer of security the intruder would have to wait for you to accept his request to take control of your computer.

are you sure this wasn't someone in your family (who knows your user & pass) playing a trick on you? the only way to do what you say is through remote desktop, which still requires knowledge of your winXP pro username & pass. also remote desktop is not enabled by default.

i think nobody was "hacking" you, maybe you left your webcam on. microsoft would not be stupid enough to leave a security hole this big on winXP, cmon now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom