NVIDIA video overlay cutting edges of image

Status
Not open for further replies.

and_woox

Baseband Member
I have a FX5500 running driver version 6.14.10.9371(it is the best overal for this setup) and when i play a video on the TV using video overlay the image is zoomed in resulting on the edges of the image been cut(on the Device Adjustments tab for the TV, the screen position is zoomed in to the maximum happening only on video overlay playback).
The settings for video overlay are selected to zoom out the maximum possible, nothing is configured to zoom in during overlay playback.
Do you know what could be happening?
Thank you

What version of Windows? After looking on the nVidia site they dont even have supported drivers for Win7 for that device. The last set of drivers released was back in Oct of 2006. The version was 96.85, so from what I see you are using an unsupported driver on the card. So that could easily be why your are having issues.

Sorry for the delay on my reply i was out of town for a while.
Actually i have the right driver for the video card, there is a newer version for it(not the one you mentioned), but it is worse than the older one(it has a problem saving the correct TV format) so i use version 6.14.10.9371 on a Windows XP machine.
I tried choosing custom resolutions for the TV and apparently the problem is related to that, but the result was a butchered video output(cutting chunks of image, image not centralized, etc).
Do you have any ideas regarding that?

I don't have any ideas. I would check the NVidia site and their forums to see if this is a known issue with that GFX card and if there is a fix with using it on a TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom