nvidia drivers for vista - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2007, 11:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master Techie
Default nvidia drivers for vista

I downloaded the latest drivers for vista 100X ones and when I go to install them all i get is an error message with you are not running vista!. I uninstalled my old drivers then tried still no joy, Vista downloads the drivers in the 90`s forget which one. I tried running the installer as administrator still same error! I went to the extract folder and clicked setup it then seemed to work but didnt ask to reboot and all device settings still say my driver is 97.X whats going on ..

my setup is:

geforce 7900GS

Old 03-23-2007, 11:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: nvidia drivers for vista

I have had no problem with installing these drivers. Try uninstalling the drivers thru the add/remove applications then use Driver Cleaner Pro to make sure all the remins of them are gone. Then try installing them. If that dont work try doing it from safe mode. It might not see you as a admin with full rights to install them for some reason.

I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 03-23-2007, 12:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Chillin Techie
Default Re: nvidia drivers for vista

extract the nvidia cabinet file with winrar, then install them via device manager
The Ultimate Hard Drive Utility PowerMax 4.23. (It now has the ability to clean a Boot Sector virus on the quick erase option.)
The best browser Netscape 8
Have you accidently delete something? Look here (trial. the better one) and here(free)
Closed Thread