NUKED OS! No driver support from MB site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerulean

In Runtime
Odd how this just happened to two separate machine within only a few weeks apart from each other.

My main machine's OS or partition (XP Pro) somehow how became corrupt and started doing that endless boot loop. Went through all sorts of recovery options but finally resorted to reinstalling XP. Well, I built this machine from scratch and now i can't find the drivers that came with the mobo. It's a Foxconn 6150BK8MC-KRSH, and though the site has a few drivers on it, none are listed for the network controller (LAN port). I've been hunting for about two days and can't seem to come up with the driver. Aside from buying a network card, is there anything I can do to get the LAN port up and running again?

Did you already install the chipset drivers? A lot of the time (most of the time even) the chipset has LAN with it.

Not yet but I'll give it a go tonight. The only drivers I see listed on the site are for audio, VGA, and chipset. What about the USB drivers and such? There seems to be a lot missing. Lots of question marks in the device manager. lol.

Chipset driver should hook you up. If not just find out what what type of onboard lan you have and get the driver for that. But do the chipset first as you always should on a reinstall.

Chipset driver should hook you up. If not just find out what what type of onboard lan you have and get the driver for that. But do the chipset first as you always should on a reinstall.

One step ahead of you there. The controller is Marvell. Apparently they no longer support it. At least not on their website.

Chipset will most likely have it. All the nVidia boards that I've had to get drivers for had LAN drivers in their chipset drivers.

Chipset will most likely have it. All the nVidia boards that I've had to get drivers for had LAN drivers in their chipset drivers.

I'll give it a shot. If it doesn't work, I shot an email over to Foxconn tech support just in case. Maybe they can provide me to a link with a stand alone driver that their search engine isn't producing. Thanks for the advice guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom