ntldr is missing. starting to get mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sytech

Baseband Member
ntldr is missing. starting to get mad

I keep getting the ntldr is missing. I have been trying to delete my HD but cant get anything to load from cd or floppy. ............................Need HElp any Ideas?

are you using a boot disk, if so, try making another one. Make sure your bios is set to boot from the specific device that you want to boot from.

I was installing a fresh install of 2000pro on a newly partioned wd120, half way through it crashed.. ever since I am getting the ntldr is missing screen I dont have a boot disk. And I cant get any thing to load from my cd. I have tried downloading tools and formatting utillities I cant get any thing to work. What should I try next? I have put alot of money into it and would love to use it.

Betty

Aspire case
P4 2.4
Gigabyte 8kynp
Ati 9800xt
2 wd120
2 Gb 3200 ddr
2 18 flat
sound audigy
inspire 7.1

There is a huge puddle of drool that is right in front of my computer that I have been working in, maybe that shorted it out............Kidding...anyways, any direction would be great. THanks

NTDLR is a standard root file that is in the c: or root directory if it is not there your PC will not boot. My suggestion would be if you have maybe another drive with this file on it copy it onto a floppy disk boot from the drive you copied it off of as c: and the new drive that won't boot as a slave D: drive and stick in your disk into a: and copy the NTLDR into the D: drive root directory. If you don't have this file I can email it to you if you have a bootable PC that you can access the Internet. You sure have a nice set up there you should be screaming when you get going.

Or just copy that file right out of the bootable drive root directory into the d: drive root directory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom