NTLDR MISSING, need some quick help

Status
Not open for further replies.

BASSMASTER

Daemon Poster
I'm on my PC at work, nothing special, running windows 2000. The machine locked up solid and I had to manually restart, now i'm getting "MISSING NTLDR". Our IT guys are gone for the day, but I managed to steal a laptop to at least get online.
Anyways, I have no software at my disposal at all, anyway to fix this without the windows 2000 cd?

BASSMASTER said:
I'm on my PC at work, nothing special, running windows 2000. The machine locked up solid and I had to manually restart, now i'm getting "MISSING NTLDR". Our IT guys are gone for the day, but I managed to steal a laptop to at least get online.
Anyways, I have no software at my disposal at all, anyway to fix this without the windows 2000 cd?

this mean your OS is missing. you need to reinstall windows

Re: Re: NTLDR MISSING, need some quick help

EricB said:
this mean your OS is missing. you need to reinstall windows

It means my NTLDR is missing, not the operating system, it can be replaced, I'm just not sure how to without the windows 2000 CD

Re: Re: Re: NTLDR MISSING, need some quick help

I guess the question is, I need a bootable win2k floppy, with windows 2000 system files, so I can copy the NTLDR back to hdd.

Re: Re: Re: NTLDR MISSING, need some quick help

BASSMASTER said:
It means my NTLDR is missing, not the operating system, it can be replaced, I'm just not sure how to without the windows 2000 CD

ok. I'm through arguing with people here. guess what part loads the OS?

put in a blank hard drive. what happen when you turn on the computer?

internet dictionary

NTLDR = Short for NT Loader, a program loaded from the hard drive boot sector that displays the Microsoft Windows NT startup menu and helps Windows NT load

Re: Re: Re: Re: NTLDR MISSING, need some quick help

EricB said:
ok. I'm through arguing with people here. guess what part loads the OS?

put in a blank hard drive. what happen when you turn on the computer?

Hey bro, I wasn't trying to argue. Just trying to point out that without your NTLDR , re-installing windows isn't my only option.

Didn't mean to offend you really :)

I enjoy reading your posts and you're very helpful on this board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom