NTLDR is missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dellinspiron

Beta member
Sorry if this is in the wrong section but I am at my wits end with my laptop. 2 months ago my computer came up saying NTLR is missing. Had a friend look at it who knows a bit about computers but he has had no luck.

I have tried to boot the computer up using the CD and when reinstalling Vista is comes up with 3 harddrive partitions.
Disk 0 Unallocated space - Total Size 47.0MB - Free Space 47.0MB (The selected parition requires at least 6282MB free space)

Disk 0 Partition 1 - Total 146.0GB - 145.9 GB - Primary (Windows is unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria for installation)

Disk 0 Partition 2 MEDIADIRECT - Total Size 3.0GB - Free Space 3.0GB - Logical (Windows cannot be instlled to this hard disk space. Windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTFS.

Someone PLEASE help me?

Sounds like your drives have been formatted and are awaiting a reinstall of Vista. The drive that is labeled Disk 0 Partition 1. That is a total of 146 GB of space on the drive with 145.9 GB Free correct? If so then you completely lost your OS and files and have to start from scratch.

How do I start from scratch? I know I sound thick but I'm not very good when it comes to the workings of computers.

I tried to reinstall Vista but thats what came up and I can't get any further in the installing process?

And yes, that was correct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom