NTLDR File missing after trying to install XP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

NayNay1991x

PeugeotEnthusiast
hi , my mate bought an XP Pro SP2 disc from a shop and he asked me to help him install in... once i put the disc in it booted it up fine then it went onto the formatting thing after that as it went to the Copying files part it came up with NTLDR File missing and i do not know what to do....... please some 1 help me:(

is this all i need to do?

just go bios and make first boot device as cdrom, save it and restart ur machine. boot with cdrom and go to setup mode and press "R" for repair. it will re-configure the system files to correct the problem.

Ok. need a few more details.

Was this an upgrade XP from an earlier operating system.. i.e Windows 95, 98, ME? If so, then this link will help you.

I've encountered this same issue when upgrading to XP from those earlier versions. Following the instruction on this linked page fixed the problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314057

good lucK!

um. no.

A few more questions.

How many HDD's does he have in his PC?
When you said, "I've formatted." Did you mean that you completely erased all data on the HDD?

What process are you using to install this new version of XP Pro SP2. Just briefly list the steps.

boot from win CD,in options press R for repair, then log onto your windows. then type " fixboot" (no qwotes). then when promted to rewrite boot sector,press Y ,then enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom