NTLDR Couldn't be Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex4R

In Runtime
I am currently in the middle of reformatting my grandmas computer. I booted from the XP Pro CD, and it copied all of the setup files. When it reboots to start installing windows, it says NTLDR Couldn't Be Found: disk(0) rdisk(0) cdrom(0) partition(1). I have tried starting over from scratch (fast, and full formatting even with FAT32), fixing the master boot record via recovery console, and deleting/making a new partition.

Any Ideas?
Thanks, Alex :cool:

You may have a bad harddrive or you may need to check with the harddrives manufacturer for some tools that you can use to fix the mbr or the harddrive itself. I know hitatchi and maxtor have them on their websites. It may need a low level format to clear up the problem.

ntldr is the boot up file for windows.....

i'm starting to suspect there is a virus going around.......i had this problem last monday or so and came on here to get some help to see about gettin' around it (knew what it was, but didn't know if could be saved). and since then, i've seen like 5 people on various boards within' the week havin' the same problem. and it was all of a sudden...

CntdwnToExtn said:
ntldr is the boot up file for windows.....

i'm starting to suspect there is a virus going around.......i had this problem last monday or so and came on here to get some help to see about gettin' around it (knew what it was, but didn't know if could be saved). and since then, i've seen like 5 people on various boards within' the week havin' the same problem. and it was all of a sudden...

when ntldr is not found that just mean that is can't find an OS on your C drive

EricB said:
when ntldr is not found that just mean that is can't find an OS on your C drive

ya...i know that..but doesn't that just mean the boot file got messed up??? like the boot.ini or something.
i mean, i was runnin' forever real stable, no problems at all and all of a sudden my boot file is gone and other people i've been talkin' with have also had the same problem after runnin' perfectly fine.....i dunno...i'm probably just paranoid like usual...

use the powermax floppy. it erases the master boot record part of the disc too. then you will start from scratch with a brand new drive

EricB said:
use the powermax floppy. it erases the master boot record part of the disc too. then you will start from scratch with a brand new drive

*shurgs sholders*

i just re-installed window's.....had to re-install a couple of programs again, but....it's actually runnin' even better than before...and i thought that was impossible...faster start up, faster program loading, faster shut down, faster everything....*shurgs again* i'm still a noob comared to you guys....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom