nsis launcher error

eyesallover

Beta member
hi all new here :)

So i got a nice new laptop (yay) however it quickly developed a problem (boo)
whenever i boot it up i get an error saying 'nsis launcher error' its a little box in the middle of the screen, once i press ok all is well it works fine, but its annoying.
from what ive gathered it can happen if a program fails or doesnt install correctly?
when i was setting my laptop up (anti virus, firewall etc) i installed spybot search and destroy, half way through updating it the laptop shut itself off, ive no idea.
could this shut down half way through spybot update have caused this error im getting?
spybot works fine and is now fully updated.

im running windows 7 service pack 1.
a dell latitude d630

I would remove Spybot and see if that helps. Since the laptop shut down during its update it could have easily corrupted the program.

thnks for replying ksod, i tried what you suggested and got rid of spybot, i opted for super anti spyware instead, i get the same error message.
it seems its any program i install.
is it possible to reinstall this nsis launcher? as it seems spybot update which shut my laptop off has damaged this program.

That is the thing, that launcher is not part of Windows. There is nothing within Windows that uses nsis launcher. That is a 3rd party program. So you will have to continue to uninstall programs til you find out which one is causing this issue.

Back
Top Bottom