Now safe to turn off computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh09

Beta member
Hi, firstly sorry if this is in the wrong section

I have tried searching the internet and this forum and have not managed to yet find a solution.
As you may of guessed I am recieving the "It is now safe to turn off your computer" when powering down the computer. My BIOS is the Pheonix AWARD, in power options in the control panel there is no APM tab and I cannot find an option to enable it when in the BIOS.

I manually added NT Apm/Legacy Interface Node through the add new hardware but when added and enabled it just shows the yellow/black exclamation mark and in the properties of it, it says "Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)"

Any help on this matter would be great as it is a bit of a pain having to wait for the message to come before I can turn it off instead of just powering down and walking away.
Thanks, Josh

Do you have an option labeled APIC Mode in your bios? It needed to be enabled when you installed Windows. If it wasn't then you can try a system repair with it enabled, if that doesn't work then you may need to do a fresh install of Windows

Hi, firstly sorry if this is in the wrong section

I have tried searching the internet and this forum and have not managed to yet find a solution.

how to get rid it is now safe to turn off your computer
As you may of guessed I am recieving the "It is now safe to turn off your computer" when powering down the computer. My BIOS is the Pheonix AWARD, in power options in the control panel there is no APM tab and I cannot find an option to enable it when in the BIOS.

I manually added NT Apm/Legacy Interface Node through the add new hardware but when added and enabled it just shows the yellow/black exclamation mark and in the properties of it, it says "Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)"

Any help on this matter would be great as it is a bit of a pain having to wait for the message to come before I can turn it off instead of just powering down and walking away.
Thanks, Josh

what type of power supply are you using? Maybe your computer just doesn't support it

what type of power supply are you using? Maybe your computer just doesn't support it

Is there a possible way to find this down without powering down and opening the computer up? im on a tight time schedule, thanks for the help, and I will check for the ACIP tomorrow morning its late now here 01:12 (UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom