notebook program recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

grammalvsu

Beta member
I am looking for a notebook/research aid type of program that will match my working style. I've searched through tons but none quite cut it, including:

Wikipad
Onenote
EverNote
GoBinder
Treepad
Infomagic
InfoSelect
MyInfo

The main feature I want that none of the programs seem to have is:

It's annoying to me to have 100s of different notepads, and having to find the one you want for the type of information you are currently writing down/copying from a webpage. I would much rather have ONE main notepad that I could write to, but keep the material organized using mark-up tags. like so:

<stocks:apple>
apple's selling well blah blah
</stocks:apple>

<journal:susan>
susan is boring blah blah
</journal:susan>

A number of programs have tagging capabilities, but most are just for tagging an entire notepad/sheet, not just a marked paragraph. Onenote does allow you to do this, but not using mark-up language like above. Rather you have to select it, and then find the tag from a list that you already had to make. I want to be able to create the tag just on the spot by typing it, and underneath it's hierarchical category if I want (susan underneath journal for example). And then for that tag's category to be automatically created in a side-bar I can then select to see just those paragraphs marked w that tag.

Does anyone know any programs w this capability or am I dreaming?

thanks a lot.

I think you will have to write this program yourself. I have used many myself but none seem to be able to do what you wish. You want to be able to control BBCode which not many do. At least it seems that way to me.

OneNote might be the best. If you can get used to the tagging system. It took me a bit of time to get used to myself but overall i have found it useful for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom