Not sure if Computer has been Broken into..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
Hello..

Ive just had My Broadband go down, and am Unable to contact me Surplyer untill Morning.. I have checked the System Logs and under Event Viewer\Windows Logs\Security in Windows 7 I have a service shut down with Event Logs that was at 01.23.01, Less than an Hour ago..

Now, at 01.28.01 I have a System Integrity Audit Failure with the Log name of Security.. I've looked at the Details for the Log and under "param1" the End File is ASPI32.SYS I have googled it and read something along the Lines of this is a Connection Between Two Computers..

Can the Admin help on this Please, If me Computer has been Broken in too, wich is why im surspecting it, as I have just had a Serious Confrontation with someone Online who is " Extreemly Clued up about Microsoft OS's" .. If not its just me being Paranoid.. Sorry..

Thanks..

Computer Networking and Internet Hardware your situation is complicated by reading your post but if I were you I would look into your network logs first to see what is going on.
That link I gave you would benefit you much better and I'm sure there are some network and security techicians will find outt what is going on.

I've just Looked up on the Microsoft Web site and Found out how to View the Event Logs.. I've Foung on the Microsoft Web Site I should be looking for an Event ID of 6100 Under the System Events in the Windows Logs Folder..

Thing is, I cant Find an Event Log with that ID or a Log by the Name of Network. If anything Folks am Looking to much in to it. But even then wouldnt the Laptop of Recorded their was a Network Failiure of some sort, even if it was my Surplyers Fault..

By clicking Manage on Computer I have Serched for the Logs, to no Avail.. Mabie the ASPI32.SYS File is something to do with me ISP and the Termination Failiure..

I've just Looked up on the Microsoft Web site and Found out how to View the Event Logs.. I've Foung on the Microsoft Web Site I should be looking for an Event ID of 6100 Under the System Events in the Windows Logs Folder..

Thing is, I cant Find an Event Log with that ID or a Log by the Name of Network. If anything Folks am Looking to much in to it. But even then wouldnt the Laptop of Recorded their was a Network Failiure of some sort, even if it was my Surplyers Fault..

By clicking Manage on Computer I have Serched for the Logs, to no Avail.. Mabie the ASPI32.SYS File is something to do with me ISP and the Termination Failiure..

Ok so after looking at this from work yesterday I searched up what your having problems with.
ASPI-errors in event log.
Could I have you check into your system and see if a driver for aspi32.sys is missing and try to replace it ?
Since your using windows vista, I would check into your system and see if any hardware might be out of date or has the incorrect drivers.

ASPI32.SYS

That is a driver for Windows. It is also known as

ASPI, the Advanced SCSI Programming Interface

So no hacking was involved. No breaking into your PC. I dont know how many times I have to tell people to stop using Google for Windows related issues. Google doesnt spider the Microsoft sites. It only spiders sites like this. Bing gave me this information within the first 3 results. The information you got about it being an interface was incorrect. Check for mobo driver updates.

Thanks for the Help..

@ MikeFuryuken, am Running Win 7 at the Min not Vista but KSoD thank you for the Help, and in Future i'll be serching threw Bing, as it is a Microsoft Serch Engine so will be of much more use instead of Google..

Chears..

I am not saying that Bing is the end all when it comes to Microsoft issues. I use at least 3 different search engines when searching for Microsoft related topics. But the fact is that Google isnt going to be of help cause you are not always going to find the right information. Try Bing to see what it says, then check Google as well and see what you find there. Then ask someone who knows which is the real answer.

People just think that Google has all answers when it doesnt. I find more Windows and Microsoft answers via Bing than Google. There is a reason for it other than it is a Microsoft Search Engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom