"not a genuine copy" pop-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

emeraldice

Daemon Poster
So...I was happily playing my legit version of CS

And while I was doing that, windows updated itelf on its own. And my comp got tagged as not a legit copy. Which...it isn't really. Legit in the sense that it really is windows. But past that...

So, now there's this pop up just like the notifiers for windows updates that say "your copy of windows is not genuine" A few questions...Who has gotten this, has anything happened to your computer, will anything happen to my computer, and is there any other punishment (besides not getting updates) that I will be getting (like...cops showing up to my house asking about a legit copy of windows...).

Thanks

i dont think this will happen because they figure that alot of people bought a used computer and an invalid copy was installed on it. or an invalid cd key rather. If you are really paranoid, you can reinstall windows and watch what updates it installs. I never install the windows genuine advantage or the GDI+ detector thingie.

you just wont be able to download the updates but if you can find a standalone program that has the updates in it, you can use that

If you have a legit version of Windows, and you are informed that you do not have a genuine version, then your best bet is to call Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom