Norton Worm Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

realmike15

Baseband Member
I was sitting on my computer last night, trying to clean up my computer a bit after a fresh install of XP and all my software (Defrag, Cleanspace 8, RegistryMech). I was connected to the internet through my DSL, but wasn't using any software that requires a connection, when all the sudden my new version of Norton AV2005 tells me:

"Details: Rule "Default Block Bla Trojan horse" blocked (69.28.191.84,1042).
Inbound UDP packet.
Local address,service is (MICHELL(172.16.1.34),1042).
Remote address,service is (69.28.191.84,27014).
Process name is "N/A"."

I get a bit worried because I just did a fresh install, and I can't believe I would virus problems so suddenly. I'm a little confused about the message. Does this mean I had a trojan horse on my computer, or that someone was trying to put one there?

I'm just worried theres more crap on my computer, and I don't even know it. Norton comes up with no viruses found under a full scan, and I had run the full scan earlier that day with no detection.

Are there any other programs, or online databases that could search my computer a little better for viruses. The last thing I want, is more performance problems, thats why I reformated in the first place.

*edit* also why does the process that was doing it have no name "n/a". I wanted to find out where it was coming from, and when it says n/a, dunno how I'm supposed to know.

**edit** one last thing, Norton AV2005 told me to disable Windows Firewall, and let it handle those things, I let it disable it but I'm wondering if i'd be better off with them both enabled in light of this problem. I do also have a 2wire homeportal DSL Modem/Firewall, for connecting to my ISP.

Ok thanks for the quick response, one thing I'm a little confused about though, I don't remember a response about it being deleted, just the alert I posted up top. Virus scan detects nothing, and nothing that I can see in registry either.

My opinion would be if your norton knew that much info about it, obvioulsy it is a known virus in your virus definintions and it was able to handle it. If you did a scan, and nothing seems awry, I wouldn't worry anymore about it.

I've found that sometimes having 2 Firewalls up can be counter-productive, and a general pain, just my opinion though. Personally I would disable norton and XP and use zonealarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom