Norton A/V 2003 + Scheduled tasks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blo

Baseband Member
I've got a sheduled task called'Symantec NetDetect', which although the task has never run, is set to run every 5 minutes of every day...
I have Norton A/Virus 2003, which also has a task,(virus definitions update) set to run every friday night.(scheduler says this has never run either-although i know it does)...
If i double click or right click and choose properties on either task, a dialogue box comes-up saying 'General page initialization failed. The specific error is 0x8009000F: Object already exists'...
So the QUESTIONS ARE...
1. What's net detect
2. If i need it, does it need to run so often, (every 5 minutes) - or can it be deleted even !

and...

Can i get norton AV 2003 TO delete an infected email instead of just deleting the attachment ?
Many thanks Blo.

have you tried re-installing NAV? Might solve your problem.

No idea on the email attachment Q, but my uneducated guess would be "no, can't do it"

So now someone will come along and prove me a dumbarse :)

You're not a dumb-ass... The NAV/EMAIL question... you can't do it... Otherwise, Norton wouldn't be able to sell full packages - (system works... internet security etc)... He He...
But the uninstall - then having to load all the updates, and still not knowing for sure there's anything wrong in the first place... Well, I'll not take you up on that one...
All The Best... Blo.

i have nav 2003 pro. i do all my updates manually everyday and therefore i have nothin in my scheduled tasks, i deleted them. i would delete urs especially if theyre failing to run. they are unneeded but u will have to run live update to update if u delete the job. but if its not running how r u staying updated, have u been doing it manually or what.

Best this to do is to forget the scheduler..do it manually why add another process to your comp to do it for you when you can do it youself with one click once a week.

No... NAV virus updates ARE running... Are you telling me there are 'TWO' tasks supposed to be listed - Just for NAV updates... Or is the 'NET DETECT' nothing to do with NAV ?
It's very easy to forget updates... Especially when you're head's as cabbaged as mine...
I might try deleting the tasks, and then scheduling the NAV updates myself, or thru Symantec/norton.
After all - It's not a Major Problem, Is it ...
Sorry for the hassle... Many thanks Blo.
...'Oil Bee Bak !
'

u mite try disabling auto updates in nav, then deleting the scheduled tasks, then turning auto update back on and having nav recreate them and c if they work now, could have been a corrupted .job file or something.

WOW - You're Quick - I only just posted that... Went to my email, and got a reply... I thought - OH, it's my reply... But it was you / Speedy Gonzalis...
Thanks very much... No nonsense advise... Not the usual bull i get with 'self-invented PC mechanics'... You know... The sort of people who give other people advice, but usually haven't even bothered to read the question properly !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom