NOrton uninstalling problem in vista home basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

smenon

Baseband Member
I have tried to install Norton 2003 in windows vista home basic but it failed to install fully, then tried NOrton 2007, that also failed to install, now I am facing strange problem, after uninstalling it from add remove programmes, I am still getting error message of incompatible driver message for Nortan. I don't konw where it resides after uninstall.

Hi smenon,

Do you get any error messages after the installation fails?

Oh and brace your self for Norton bashing! - Not from me though!

I have tried to install Norton 2003 in windows vista home basic but it failed to install fully, then tried NOrton 2007, that also failed to install, now I am facing strange problem, after uninstalling it from add remove programmes, I am still getting error message of incompatible driver message for Nortan. I don't konw where it resides after uninstall.

Google for the Norton Removal Utility. I don't even bother using add/remove programs for Norton anymore when I have to take it off of a system; I just run that utility, and it gets rid of all symantec products off of the system. Reboot, voila, they're gone.

yes I got a message that it is incompatinle with this version of OS I am using (windows Vista Home Basic)

I will try to find out in google for such removal utility.

Yes i bet this Norton issue is what is causing your save issue as well. See about the removal of Norton and use AVG, Avast or NOD32 for better protection and ease of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom