Norton SystemWorks.....BAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centropolis

Baseband Member
I've installed Norton SystemWorks on my old computer few days ago. The program slows my computer down by A LOT! Although my computer wasn't that fast to begin with, but it REALLY slowed it down to a point where I cannot use it. It takes like 45 seconds just to load up WINAMP. I have a Celeron 333Mhz....yes it's slow but it's not that slow!!

I was planning to install the program on my new AMD 2600+ but having second thoughts....i know my new one is much faster than my old one but still.....I'm afriad that it'll slow it down by a lot.

Comments?

I have never had a problem using Norton System Works. Did you purchase it, or was it from a friend of a friend? That makes a difference.

ADZ said:
I have never had a problem using Norton System Works. Did you purchase it, or was it from a friend of a friend? That makes a difference.

Yes, I've purchased it and activated it and all that. But I'm wondering, what difference does it make?

None,, that was a stupid question,,

on the system works,, I have noted, and do not recommend the product,, in my personal experience, I have found nothing but issues with the Speed Disk, Defragger, etc..

In my opinion,, I would uninstall and shelf it!

But thats just me,, I hate invasive crappy software,,

CrashAbbott said:
None,, that was a stupid question,,

on the system works,, I have noted, and do not recommend the product,, in my personal experience, I have found nothing but issues with the Speed Disk, Defragger, etc..

In my opinion,, I would uninstall and shelf it!

But thats just me,, I hate invasive crappy software,,

But I need a good anti-virus software. Should I just get the Norton Anti-Virus 2004 then and not the SystemWorks? Or maybe I just install the anti-virus part of it and forget about the rest?!

Nortons system works does make the computer. I have experienced it. In fact even simple NAV slows down the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom