Norton Ghost or Acronis True Image?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiken

In Runtime
I'm a little weary running anything "norton" on my system because of past experience with Norton antivirus products hogging all the resources and slowing down the system, but how does Ghost compare with Symantec's other products? Same crap?

I was thinking about reinstalling Windows in the next coming weeks and once I'm done applying all the hotfixes, drivers, etc.. creating a backup image so that I don't have to waste so much time with future reinstalls.

What would be best for the job? True Image or Ghost (overall functionality, performance, package)?

I can find Ghost on eBay pretty cheap ($20) compared to True Image which goes for $50.

Norton Ghost doesnt usually run when Windows is going, it just shows an icon in the background, usually uses about 3MB of ram, not much.

I havent tried the other True Image one.

True Image is good. But you have to know how to use it. Ghost is more of a plug and play type deal. Ghost is easy to use and doesnt use resources. I have used it many times in the past. I now use True Image.

if you can get an old copy of drive image 7, go for it. norton ghost 9 and 10 is based off of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom