Norton Ghost 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye313

Beta member
I appologize if this post is in the wrong section. Can anyone tell me if Ghost 9.0 will work with a system using two SATA drives running in RAID 0? I remember reading some time ago that some software would image the SATA drives, but wouldn't recognize the drives when it was time to restore the image. I believe this did apply to an older version of Norton Ghost. I'm assuming that most of the software companies have this problem sorted out by now, but I wanted to be sure before I dropped $70 on something that wouldn't do me any good. Thanks

no it won't. but drive image 7 (which norton is based off of) can. it has a f6 option to load your sata drivers when you are booting from the cd

i have 2 sata raptors in raid 0 and i use ghost 9, works better than acronis for me anyway

wow. here we go again. ghost was broke for years. they finally got it working halfway right now. but the was because they bought out powerquest, who incidently happen to have the two best software products on the market. Partition magic and drive image 7 (they also have v2i protector).

ghost 9 is now drive image 7 and v2i protector mixed together (there is no part of ghost 2003 in it), but with one bad side effect. style xp and similar theme packs will make it not work.

Okay, so are you guys telling me that Ghost 9 will recognize my SATA Raptors when I attempt to reinstall the image?

actually R-drive image from rttools is the best as unlike ghost and acronis it doesnt need to have services running in the background, easier interface and ALWAYS works.

Hawkeye313 said:
Okay, so are you guys telling me that Ghost 9 will recognize my SATA Raptors when I attempt to reinstall the image?

i have gotten it to work on mine, but it is a flawed program, lot of bugs and issues, requires .net and runs services in background.

rttools has r-drive image for 30 day full function trial...give that a try, personally i love it and works flawlessly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom