Norton Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

philb101

In Runtime
I am considering purchasing Norton Ghost but have a few queries if anyone can help

What is the difference between MSdos & PCdos & are there advantages selecting one over the other ?
Also am I correct in thinking the following apply:
No re-installing Windows required
No loss of Email / Network settings
No loss of Updates to programmes
All software drivers loaded

Finally is Licensing involved as I have 3 PCs, would I need 3 copies or is 1 copy ok for all

Thanks

backing up can be useful for computers you don't plan to update very often; they can get out of date quickly if you are a heavy user and like to change things - also if you change hardware sometimes it can become out of date (like new video card or something)
provided there are no changes all the drivers and settings will still work on your computer.
This backup will only work on other computers if they have the same hardware as your original computer as drivers will be different, and licensing only applies for newer Operating Systems like Windows XP so if you're using Windows 2000 or below you should be fine

PC DOS is just the OS that Norton uses to implement the Ghost utilities. Actually, kinda funny, but you are required to have MS DOS on a disk first prior to installing PC DOS 2000.
And IBM's plug with PC-DOS is that you now have support for the Euro curreny! Whoa!

-Michael

Norton Ghost is used mainly for backups. Some users who custom build multiple machines that are all the same use it apply copies of an os with all the drivers and programs on these machines to save time then later change the license #'s for legal licenses so as to not get into legal trouble with copyrights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom