Norton Ghost 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

philb101

In Runtime
I have just used Norton Ghost 2002 to image a partition to my CD-RW
I was prompted to make the CD bootable during the process which I followed, when I attempted to boot from the Cd I got the message "Boot from ATAPI CD0ROM, 1.FD 1.44MB system type - (19), Boot disk failure"

Is the problem something I've missed or can I just not make a bootable CD from Ghost 2002

I'm using Windows 2000 o/s

Thanks

First off, make sure your computer is set to boot off the disk, not the floppy, although it shouldn't matter unless you have a floppy in there.

Next, try using a CD-R instead of a CD-RW. in 2000, if I'm not mistaken, you had to have DirectCD installed in order to read any CD-RW.....which naturally won't be there on a fresh hard drive.

several questions. How did you make the disk bootable? Did you use the configuration from Ghost, or did you provide a floppy? Second, Can you read the disk in your computer after it's booted?

Using a CD-RW in this way is just like using a CD-r. You don't need to worry about Roxio, as you didn't format the disk, you burned to it. So ignore what wansingct said about that...
The ghost setup for burning to CD is pretty straight forward and unless you changed something in the boot Floppy image, or used your own, there should be no problems.
If you can see the image files from withini the OS, you can take them off and build a new bootable CD. It's really easy to do if you have the time. Takes about 1 hour for a small image.
I have to build multi DVD boot disks now as our image at work is over 4,8 GB. Lots of fun. Takes most of the day to cut a new set...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom