Norton Antivirus Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

drazpaz

Solid State Member
I have been reinstalling norton antivirus because of a problem with it. It uninstalled fine, but when I restarted and tried to install it again, I was told that liveupdate was running and I needed to turn it off in order to install. I don't know its process name so I can't delete it. Can anyone help? Thanks. Will

Completely delete nortan and buy McaFee, nortan gave me to much probs and it couldnt even detect viruses or trojans even with the updates. I think u can go to the add/remove program list and in their should have a nortan live update and from there just uninstall that and then install nortan again.

The LiveUpdate process should be called "LuComServer.exe" and I personally have not had trouble with Norton not detecting viruses so long as it stays updated.

drazpaz,

The live update should be available in the 'add remove programs' . There must be 2 or 3 entries for Noron in Add/remove programs. If you can find, remove them.

Or

Get into safe mode. Then type 'msconfig' in run menu and remove the Norton entries from start-up items. Now, move on to the program files and delete all the symantec, norton and liveupdate folders.Restart your computer in normal mode and install the new damn norton again..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom