Norton antivirus 2004!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

weswes

In Runtime
hi there,

am having a wierd problem with NAV 2004, thats my lil story:

I used to have NAV2003 (trial)..wn the trial expired,i un-installed it...then i installed NAV2004 ,,the installation process went perfect..and i entered the cd keys without any problems....finally i restarted my pc....NOW...wn i double click NAV icon...nothin happens ?!!! it doesnt open !!!....the tray icon is there..but it doesnt open as well....any one knows wats wrong ?

thanks

Hi there

You must uninstall your Norton 2003 before installing new Anti Virus Software like NAV 2004...

Yo Houndog... i know you're all anxious to tell us about your new forum, but DO actually READ the freakin post before responding will ya... that's my biggest pet peeve.

If you read his posting, he says he did uninstall the previous version before install the 2004 version.

WesWes, my feeling is that you probably have a shortcut icon that is pointing to an invalid directory. For Example, if your previous shortcut pointed to "C:\programs\NAV2003\" just change the path (in the shortcut properties) to where you installed the 2004 version.

I had the same thing happen to me if you go to the symantic website and search the FAQs there should be a norton cleaner utility. It cleans out all the registry entries norton leaves behind it fixed it for me. On a side note save yourself some money and get the free version of AVG anti-virus

Thanks all of ya for replying, and here the answer for each one of ya ;

Lone Wolf, i checked the shortcut path..and its was fully correct , i even tried to run the program from the "directory" but still the same !!

maverick_teck, i tried to run NAV from start > programs but the same problem , wat only runs from the menu is (Live update )..and OF COURSE it says it failed to retrieve the updates !! my OS is WinXP pro

perkoset, i'll search their site and see wats there...

Thanks again all of ya...i'll inform ya with the updates

Hey guys....congratulate me..;)

I followed (perkoset) advice and downloaded the cleaner...and then installed NAV2004....and right now am getting the updates...

Thanks perkoset

cheers

Yeah that's the big thing with extending your "cough" trial of
Norton's Antivirus is that you MUST clean the registry or it will look
at the data it left behind and deny you a re-trial.

weswes said:
Hey guys....congratulate me..;)

I followed (perkoset) advice and downloaded the cleaner...and then installed NAV2004....and right now am getting the updates...

Thanks perkoset

cheers

Good job Weswes... nothing like a little effort and tracking down a problem. Feels good doesn't it? A little self initiative goes a long ways in learning. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom