Norton 2005 Slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycrow

Beta member
I just installet Norton 2005 AV only and when i enter windows then it takes about 45 sec to 1 min before i can use my computer.

When i disable my internet then it only takes 10 sec or so before i can use my internet...i wonder is it my router and norton that tryes to comunicate.. i dont use any firewall in windows

What shall i do..any clue to remove the 1 min wait time ?

I stil wanna keep Norton 2005 or higher version

I had norton and dumped it cause it slows down computers. Its always doing something....whats your system specs? Maybe its updating. make sure its updated and then see if better.

I had Norton too, but I threw it out. Cuase It made my PC running slow!!! It always do it!!!!

the 1st thing that everybody learn when they join this forum is that norton's is junk

Yes i know peeps says crap about norton but it actualy saved my comp one time and i find it good...exept from the slowing down thing ..my specs are huyge enough..never had any slow down before

I have never had a problem with norton. Of course my system specs are high so i dont have to worry about slow down. As far as people say its junk that is just a personal opinion. I think it is better than Mcafee. There is ZoneAlarm and some other that are better but norton does just fine for me.

Yes but what can i do to prevent the slow start ...any feat diablet ? or any other clue ???

EricB said:
the 1st thing that everybody learn when they join this forum is that norton's is junk

No, actually, its from personal experience , not from being subscribed to this forum, that myself and Defence disliked norton........

Psycrow said:
Yes but what can i do to prevent the slow start ...any feat diablet ? or any other clue ???

The only thing you can do is disable auto protect. Not a good idea really, but that should help.

EricB said:

Not quite. I am using Norton Corporate edition on all my systems. Including my Win 98, PIII 650 machine. No problems, no slow downs, nothing.

It is also the antivirus s/w given to all the students for free on our campus. The University tech department could've done this with any s/w package. But they also chose Norton.

I really don't have any complains with their s/w.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom