NOOOOO!!!!! (really desperate now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juice Daddy

Fully Optimized
ok... I take my computer between home and school, and I decided to try and put my computer on their network...

it worked but all my files were rearanged, so, I wanted to take it off the network, and I have no experience with networks, so I... deleted all the domains listed on my computer...

so all my files were stuck in limbo between the network's domain and my computer!!! I (even as administrator[original administrator]) cannot access my folder in documents and settings...

I have over 4.7 gigs of music, three games saved, and a lot of school reports that I need to get back

now I am at a friends house typeing this up because I am getting desperate... as it did not end there :( I put windows xp on my second hd and tried to access the files, and still couldn't, so I tried ubuntu, but as soon as it began to boot I realised that it can't read ntfs partitions, grrr...

so I then went back to my windows xp(second hd) and, very stupidly, I deleted all the folders except my folder in documents and setting to try to bypass the security and it still won't let me in!!!

so basically I have windows xp on one hard drive and a documents and settings folder on another

how can I gain access to my folder, I really need my files back, my school wants me to dj for homecomeing and I really need that music...

I am really desperate here!!! Thanx in advance to anyone who can help...

Ok yeah you have a problem...
Have you rejoined your machine back to your home network ?
ex: local domain or workgroup (standard) ?

If you are having permissions issues on your LOCAL folders....
1. reset ownership/permissions.
If you need help really bad, YM me at brady_byers2000 in yahoo.
I will be around for about 20 more minutes.

although brandybnmci Is being very helpfull, The problem remains unsolved, I have to leave though, and won't be back on till tomorrow, so any suggestions would be great...

JD I have no solution but I offer you sypathy if things don't work out. I also lost all my data a week ago. 5 years of data.

bradybnmci & Win2kpatcher told you what to do.

hit the search tab here and type taking ownership. I do it in safe mode. other here have said that you can do it in file and printer sharing

I was told to right click on my computer and click on sucruity...

mycompproperties.jpg

couldn't find security tab...

here is my situation,
docsandsets.jpg

when I click on my folder in docs and sets, It says

accessdenied.jpg

ACCESS DENIED!!!!:(

lately I have had a lot to do, and I am very stressed out and confused...
(Like tweek on south park)

so please be specific...

Ok maybe i should have been more specific.

You need to right click on the folder where your files are located.
EX: My Documents.
You should see :

propertiesformydocuments.jpg

Ok ... See the security tab ?
See your acct name in that box ?
Make sure when you highlight that name, that you have "Full Control".

If you do NOT...
Select Add: and add yourself and give yourself full permissions.

If you DO : Select the Advanced tab to the lower right and check out the ownership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom