Noobinizer scrooge

Scratch

Beta member
I'm trying to figure out why Firefox and IE 8 are eating up CPU memory usage like pacman on a feeding frenzy. They crashed 7 times this week, until I did a CPU and GPU stability tests and haven't crashed again yet. This all started a week ago. Everything is updated: "Java, windows, IE 8, Firefox, video drivers, AdobeFlashPlayer, FlashPlugIn. And every time I launch a browser Norton performance alerts a "Firefox plugin" will flash, or IE 8 alerts a performance warning.
But the CPU memory usage is still border lined, because every online video is choppy and the audio is out of sync. Then the cpu rockets up to 100% and doesn't seem to stabilize to well. I am hoping to get some honest advice here.

Is it possible that this operating system is at an end causing the crunch on my pc?And getting windows7 will make everything much better?

Or is trying to make this one last a little longer a waste of time an money?

Thanks for lending an ear.

+1

I would also ditch Norton for a better A/V. Avast is free and typically picks up most things. Definitely sounds like a virus that Norton isn't detecting.

I updated with driversupdate, and fixcleaner, my monitor is definitely a little crisper, Norton virus picked up the maintenance pace, peripherals are sharper.
But the cpu and gpu are running within specs limits now.And that's what I really wanted to achieve.
Something is delaying the desk-top from loading as fast as it used to load on start-up though.
I tested the new system tools, switching them on and then off and it makes a difference for some reason. Does anyone know if they should run on start-up items or should I turn them off?
But that could be Norton too!

Back
Top Bottom