Non-system disk or disk error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Putt4Dough

Baseband Member
Hello,

I hade a power outage and my Win 2003 server does not boot anymore. When I try booting I get this error:

Non-system disk or disk error
Press any to continue.

I tried booting with the Win 2003 server CD to attempt to fix through the recovery consol but I get this error:

Setup did not find any HD drives installed in your computer.

But just before the error I can see that it was scanning the drive at the bottom of the screen and would list the drive with the ID.

It's like the disk is just not there but when I go into the BIOS I can see it just fine.

I installed Win2K on a second drive to boot up and see my Win 2003 drive as a different drive but no, I can't see the drive.

I have no clue what to do next and I have apps on that drive that I need.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

Please post a screen shot of your Disk Management screen from Win2K.

No need. I fixed the issue. I fixed the problem using Testdisk from TestDisk Step By Step - CGSecurity It's a great tool.

Mike

BTW I don't have the manage attachments when I go to advanced. This is all I have under Additional Options:

Additional Options:

Automatically parse links in text
Automatically retrieve titles from external links
Disable smilies in text.

Subscription
Subscribe to this thread and notify me of changes:

Rate Thread:

Rate this thread with the following value:

Excellent Good Average Bad Terrible

You may rate this thread from 1-star (Terrible) to 5-stars (Excellent) if you wish to do so.

Something is missing in my profile.
Mike

Nothing is missing in your profile. You just dont have options for everything since you dont even have the 40 Posts needed to get use of the Personal Message System and Avatars along with Text Signatures. This is something we put in place several years ago to prevent the Pr0n Spam that hit via the PM system and signatures from some ill-intention people.

You still could have done it via anyone of the services mentioned. They all provide you with the Forum Links after the image is uploaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom